选择题：1. It happened __D___ a winter night. D. on
1. ---What subjects are you studying? ---___C I’m studying philosophy
2. ---Which language do you speak at home? ---___B B. English, most of the time ___
3. ---Must we hand in our homework now? ---___C No, you needn’t
4. ---Do you think the exam will be put off? ----___A Not likely ___
5. ----In my opinion, you’d better take a couple of days off. -----___C I’ll take your advice ___
6. He is looking forward ___B to writing ___ his thesis.
8. You like playing football, ___A don’t ___ you?
9. ___A exercise __ every day for 20 minutes.
10. If he was fitter, he ___C would__ live longer.
11. I regret ____B to say __ that I’m unable to help you.
12. I have given ___C up ___ eating meat.
14. The boy ___C has been taken__ to school already.
2. I know it isn’t important but I can’t help __B__ about it. B. thinking
4. Her parents died when she was very young so she was _A___ by her aunt. A. brought up
5. ___B__ he said is quite right. B. What
7. -What happened to Tom? ____D___ to hospital. D. He’s been taken
8. I don’t suppose he will attend the meeting, ___B__? B. will he
10. Not only I but also Jane and Mary __B__ tired of having one examination after another. B. are
1. – Which do you like better, real movies D-cartoons?- I prefer cartoons？ real movies. D. or, to
10. Mary forgot __B_ a letter to her mother, so she wrote to her just now. B. to write
1. I prefer classic music ___D__ pop music. D. to
2. All the team members tried their best. We lost the game, __A___. A. however
4. Silk __B___ by Chinese for thousands of years now. B. has been used
5. You __B___ to lock the door at night. B. ought
6. Before I got to the cinema, the film ___A___. A. had begun
8. A lecture hall is ___C__ where students attend lectures. C. one
1. She has lived here ___B___three years. B. for
2. I have given __C____eating meat. C. up
3. He is the man ___C____ dog bit me. C. whose