Module 1 Alphabet
Unit 1 it s the ABC Song
Teaching aims and demands
(1) The alphabet
Learn to sing the ABC Song.
What s your favourite song? It s the ABC Song.
(2) To foster students consciousness of good co-operation
Teaching key points and difficult points
(1) Sing the ABC Song
(2) What s your favourite song? It s the ABC Song.
(1) Total Physical Response
Teaching aids: cards audiotape wall map
Step 1: Warm up
Free talk with the students about their holiday.
Have the students sing one or two songs they ve learned before .Then ask”What s your favourite song/” Explain the meaning and pronunciation of the word favourite
(1) Put the wall map on the blackboard .Have the students observe the letters .Compare the difference between the big letters and the small letters .Play the tape several times, the students listen, point and sing.
(2) Show a set of cards about letters. Help the students read them. Play attention to correct the students pronunciation.
(3) Finish SB Unit 1 Activity 3 .The students sing and point the relevant pictures.